My 3 hour tour, please call me Gilligan!

Today I really needed to explore by train. I have become chicken to do so probably because of the language barrier on my part. So I set off with directions in hand (thanks, Monica) and walked up to the train. I got a little distracted because there were some dancers in the plaza across from the train station.






I took the train from Urawa to Kita, which is one stop East. I had my I AM LOST card plus other directions with me. I held so tightly to my other directions card so that I wouldn't lose it. I was so nervous, so I sat down and a few minutes later, right in front of me, a group of 40 9 year old boys in uniforms came and stood in front of me. That intimidated me so much that I stood up and moved. I did not want to be in the same car as them. I get on the train, sit and then my one stop came quickly. I managed to get out in Kita. I was going to walk around the block and then get back on the train. Remember, this is my first time riding the trains in Japan by myself. I get off but then I get distracted and wanted to explore more. This part of Kita was exciting and bustling. I found a park, which has a saxophone in the middle of the fountain. When the music plays all the water spouts out into the fountain. It was beautiful, actually I heard music then I saw kids running to the fountain. I loved it! I wandered close to the train station for a few more minutes and then tried to make it back to Urawa again. Remember it is one stop. I asked some teenage boys for help to make sure I was on the right side of the tracks. Of course, when I say I asked for help: I actually showed them my I AM LOST amended card (the one with the station stuff on it). Then after the boys left and I was waiting on the right side, I asked another woman if the train coming was going to get me home. It was and it did.

I wandered and had some grocery shopping to do in town before coming home. I couldn't beiieve I was out and about for 3 hours.






















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Thank you Priceline!!!

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz