Effing cats--Yes, I am not a cat fan!




The other night I went to bed about 11pm. I have been sleeping on a futon near the sliding glass doors since I have been in Japan. I have also been hearing of a cat problem, maybe overpopulation since I have been here. As we walk down the street, we see big soda bottles filled with water around a tree or lamp post or somewhere. This is supposed to ward off the cats from peeing there. I think it is something like when you put a mirror up to a Beta fish, where it puffs up and scares itself (and me too!).

So the other night, I was asleep and I brought my sleep maching which makes ocean noises which I use every night. I was woken up at midnight to a cat meowing. It was so loud, that I opened the curtains and BOOM, BIG EFFING EYES STARING AT ME! I tried to shoo it away, it just stared. I tried pretending I was throwing something at it, it just stared at me. I shut the door and it just stared at me. Finally with the door closed, curtains closed, I got up and went to the bathroom. I almost woke Eric up but I know he would have invited the cat in for a while and I wanted nothing to do with that cat. When I got back from the bathroom, I opened the curtain and the effing cat was still there. Now I would have said I HATE CATS! Finally, with the door closed for a long while, he must have left. But I couldn't sleep the whole night, waking up thinking the cat was coming back and was going to jump in my room thru the screen. I woke up every hour, just waiting for that to happen. It didn't! Did you know, cats don't blink?

Last night, I went to bed armed! I had a spray can of air to ward him off. He did not come back! Guess I scared him off!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank you Priceline!!!