Ellen san

The past two days I have had a big headache. I think its the heat and humidity causing it. God, do I miss central air conditioning. Funny, how I did not grow up with it but I did get used to it quickly. I haven't done much the past few days, errands and the pool. All of which is becoming part of my routine. I do not feel like I missed anything either. Yesterday, I walked up to Parco where Eric works and met him for lunch. He has a bit of a flirtation with the girl behind the counter (actually, she is very interested in him it seems). She was talking to him about me: saying I have been there a long time, did I see much of Japan etc. His response was not really I have been busy with two jobs and school. I told him I am fine and saw things and experienced things that sightseeing just wouldn't have covered. Look at all that I did, the memory and experiences I have had so far could never be repeated. If I were to stay here or move here, I would have a small group of friends with the English Conversation class or the neighborhood Bread Lady or any number of possibilities. I like living everyday life whether its at home or here. I like a simple life. I need my life to be simple and now that my children are grown and out of the house and I have adjusted to "Empty Nest", it is easy for me to keep it simple.

I have control of my life and how simple or complicated it becomes is up to me. Once I realized that, it is easier to keep other baggage out of my life. Don't get me wrong, I come with a lot of baggage just like everyone else. But my goal is a simple life.

I have always believed in mind over body but sometimes it is hidden in me. There are several times of the year that the mind just controls my body. Both of those times are around when my parents died. Mom died November 3, 1978 and my dad died June 22, 1989 (just 6 weeks after my daughter was born and the day before my birthday). I don't really recognize it right away but some classic symptoms happen around those dates. First, I drop things, break glasses (not on purpose) and such. Well, for two days now I have been dropping things (nothing broke) and I have had a headache. Then today when I woke up, I realized what day it was. It is gone, but of course, I finally took something for it at 4:30am. Slept past 8 today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank you Priceline!!!