Day 17 in Japan / Patterns of Behavior

I have been somewhat lazy the past two days. I am teaching two classes online this summer and do that work in the morning, go to the pool and then meet the kids for coffee or dinner.

I am totally amazed at no matter where one is, they need some sort of order or routine. Once I stopped getting lost when venturing out, things became so much easier. I can now move about Eric's area in a one to two mile radius and feel comfortable. Venturing out alone beyond that has been harder yet I feel it coming.

I have a friend in Yokohama who owns a child care center. I spoke to him yesterday and he told me how to come alone by train. I am thinking about doing it yet I get scared that when I am at the school, how do I leave graciously so that I am not caught in rush hour trains. I will probably suck it up and go next week. I have to toss the directions off my son and just go for it.

The other thing I have planned for next week is a quilt show. I am going to meet Michiko and go to the show. I am going to try to take the train somewhere closer to her and then meet up. I think I can comfortably change one train and that's about it. Maybe the week after, I will venture further.


So as far as my pattern of behavior goes: I get up early in the morning, have my coffee (you guys who know me I like to sit and nurse it for about 40 minutes), check my email, work, and around noon go to the pool, if I dont have other day plans. After Eric gets off work or out of school, or if it's later when Monica gets off work, I walk up to meet them and we walk home together, do errands, etc. I am comfortable running errands by myself, such as the local market and bakery and even to the mall where Eric works. Yesterday, I met Eric at the train and we sat in the coffee shop for about an hour before running errands. I am still amazed at how each of us has certain patterns that make us comfortable that are repeated no matter where in the world we are.

So with that said: it's pool time!

Here is a picture of the bag I made with fabric I bought in Japan. I call the bag: MADE IN JAPAN! Also a loaf of bread: 6 slices for 80 cents and the crust is already off for you, and some peanut butter: Skippy small jar is $3.89





Comments

  1. I love this bag- Can I have one?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has green in it...you KNOW it is mine! :) hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank you Priceline!!!