Take Your Mom to School Day / Keio University Tokyo / Finding Elmo

This past Friday, I finally went to school with Eric. He is a student at Keio (pronounced KAYO) taking all of his classes in Japanese. One of the qualities I am glad my son has is being early or on time. Since I spent 20 years with someone who is always late, I wanted to make sure that my children were on time to places. He has it. So we took our umbrella's because it's rainy season and went on to the University. Holy crap, I never walked so many steps and hills to get there. OUCH on the knees and back! We got there early and just as the rain was starting. We plopped into one of the many classrooms where I proceeded to do work (I am teaching two online classes from here) and he started studying. One of the first things I noticed, besides the air conditioning (phew!) was that there was an ELMO machine for the professors to use. I know ELMO because as a college instructor, I use one. I was happily surprised and then realized what a nerd I am! We went to the cafeteria to get some lunch and then back to the classroom. Eric went on the class as I stayed and worked some more. After his class was over, it was pouring and we walked several blocks back to the train station, used our umbrella's but our pants still got soaked.

Here is the classroom and ELMO.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank you Priceline!!!