Shortcut

Today I went to the pool again. Somehow, I think the pool is the key to my back/walking/standing solution. The pictures below are what I saw on the way. The weather has been beautiful, in the 70's which is skin temperature. The walk to the pool is very quiet and pleasant. It's just nice. Today I saw a man who parked his truck, then a few minutes later he is by my side. I could tell he was behind me. At first, the New York Ellen, got nervous, then I realized where I was and how friendly and kind of a culture it is. We waited to cross the street together and all the while he was talking to me. I had no idea what he was saying but we walked up to the pool, I nodded and he went to the store next door.

The pool was crowded today. The whole pool is 2 1/2 feet nothing deeper, nothing more shallow. Lane 1 is always reserved for walkers. I understood that from day one. I made a woman friend in the walking lane and she and I walked opposite each other for a while, then she stopped and waited for me. Then she said twice that this lane was the walking lane. I said yes. It made me feel like I was doing something wrong and the last thing I do want to do is something culturally wrong. I later checked with Monica, and I remember Eric saying this also: that Japanese people always want to practice their English. So they say whatever words they can.

In a bit, I am going to walk up to the train station to meet Eric. I am going to try the shorter way and hope I make it. I need to venture out more now that my back is better. I thought I would be able to ride the trains by myself but instead I find myself very very nervous about it. I think this weekend, I will take the train up one stop, walk around a bit and then come back. This will give me the confidence and knowledge of the trains and wheter I can do this or not. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.....

more later.....



The Pool



The Dentist Office

















School bus




Comments

  1. I love reading about your trip, Ellen! I think your plan to take the train up one stop to get comfortable is an excellent idea! Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I will let you know of my return.....like did I get back or not.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank you Priceline!!!