Hurry Up and Wait

Here I sit at the airport with not much to do but wait. Security at the airport tends to be somewhat silly. If you are drinking something you can not bring it down to the gate, so hurry up and drink it or throw it out. Then you have to get on a big long line, and wait so you can take things out of your backpack, purse or whatever else you are carrying on the plane. Oh, and you have to take your shoes off and hope that the people in front of you's feet don't smell too bad. Of course, I wore tie shoes which is a pain in the ass to put back on. So here I sit at the gate, waiting to board in a few hours. I am not sure why they say to get to the airport so early but here I am waiting. I fly into Minneapolis and have a four hour lay over. I was looking around to see if I could leave the airport for a few hours to see the city. I think by now, I have poo pooed that idea, knowing my sense of direction sucks.












At the gate:




As I sit here and time gets closer to boarding ( still have 45 minutes before that happens) you get to see who is on the flight with you. Looking around you get to thinking: I hope they are near me or I hope they are not near me. I know this sounds bad being children is my field, but when I travel, I do NOT want to be near children on an airplane. I have traveled with my own children when they were young and I know it is difficult to do sometimes. Even though I am picky about who is next to me, I have been know to exchange numbers with people I sit next to. Remember, my trip to New York with Vicki and Marie??? We went and saw Mary Poppins on Broadway! Mary Poppins is coming to Charlotte Blumenthal Theater this fall. You should go see it! Also check out the Roller Derby: Charlotte Rollergirls. Somebody send me the dates of the next Lawn Mower Race. I love my culturally diverse experiences. Signing off for now! More from Minneapolis! I have a 4 hour layover!!! What can I get into?

Comments

  1. Great post. Please contact me. As a fellow travel writer, I would like to ask you a couple of questions about your blog. Thank you. korlando@travelingmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the people in front of you at security did not have stinky feet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ellen,

    The lawnmower race was cancelled this past Sat due to rain. They hope to make it up in September but I don't know the exact date. Sure hope it isn't the weekend of the Quilt Show. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank you Priceline!!!