Meeting Kashi again!

















Wednesday evening, we went to dinner with Michiko and her family. Takashi, Mari and Lisa. The last time I saw them, Takashi was 10, Mari 6 and Lisa 2. They had lived in Charlotte when we did and the kids went to the Montessori School together. It has been 16 years since I have seen the kids who are now 28, 23, and 17. It felt like very little time passed between us. It is always so wonderful when you are reconnecting with people, that even though time gets away from you, you can almost pick up where you left off. To me, that is where the connection is. I have a few friends like that, where we dont see each other for sometimes years, and then all of a sudden you see them and no time passed. This is what it was like seeing Takashi and Mari again. I don't remember Lisa much because she was a baby when they left but I do remember the family. I invited Takaski to come to the States and stay with me as long as he wants. I hope he does. It goes for anyone in that family.

I had a great night with old friends.

Comments

  1. Yes!! We had so much fun!
    We missed Melanie! We can just wait to see her
    in winter or next year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank you Priceline!!!