Going Exploring









This weekend I finally feel comfortable enough to go exploring.  On Tuesday, I will move down to my apartment.  When I got here someone was using the apartment, so I stay with my host family in their guest room.  They are very nice people and I hope to stay close to them.  Look, what trust there had to be for her to take a stranger into her house and for us to get along as well as we do.  They have been fantastic in helping me get around and feel welcomed.  I knew NO ONE when I came here although I met Rick on skype once or twice.  For the first few days, Rick was the only one I felt comfortable being open and honest and scared to.  I've moved on from those feelings.  He and I share thoughts and a giggle once in a while at school.

I haven't really done much the past two days.  It has been cold and rainy and I came home directly from work.  I have been helping out after my hours are done.  Yesterday, I observed a toddler who was biting and today, I was in on the meeting with the parents.

I took a few more pictures.  Every day I love pulling into the parking lot at work and looking at the Chugach Mountains.  Today, the clouds covered all the mountains not even one slight spot was showing.  That was a first!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank you Priceline!!!