Winding down / Lazy days / Today he is a man!

I have been so tired the past three or four days. I am tired, pooped and worn out. I have had many many adventures but i find that aging has slowed me down. If I go out all day on one of my adventures, I need to rest a lot the next day. The heat and humidity are making me more tired. I am even tired of sweating. I know that the heat makes me more tired especially since I moved to the south. I feel rather lazy, can't move, yet I make myself go out every day, at least to the market or to meet Eric for lunch. I hate feeling like a lazy ass. I should just accept it as a "mental health" day.

My whole trip went really really fast and I only have 4 more nights here. Monica has been wonderful in welcoming me (between working) and taking me around while Eric has been busy with two jobs and school. I appreciate all they both have done to make me feel comfortable. I think it is going to be very sad to say goodbye! I will miss them terribly! I am hoping they can come home for Melanie's graduation and then I can have both my children under one roof again, even if it is only for one night!

I am planning on going out taking more pictures to post but I am too hot to move out. I think I will do it tomorrow. Eric will have the day off, because today is his last day of work from Muji but he will be teaching English tomorrow night to two ladies. YEAH! Eric! I am hoping we can go out to lunch after he works on some homework. My boy/man has not had a day off in two months. He is exhausted, his back and shoulder hurt and yet he keeps going. I know Jewish tradition says at 13 boys become men, but I see now that my boy IS a man. He has gotten all the good things I wanted him to get as a mother. Wow, this makes a mother very very proud.

Today is Sunday, another lazy day for me. Monday, Eric and I will have lunch together, I will work some, and go out and take pictures. Tuesday, i am going back to Tokyo for the Tokyo Museum with Michiko and maybe Monica can come too. Wednesday, I am supposed to go to an art fund raiser lunch with my English Conversation class. I might back out of this because of money and time.

I am starting to feell sentimental and instead of accepting it, I feel like it is a sign of weakness. All I can say is: OH SHIT! I want to go home, I don't want to go home.

My children went from this














To this:








Comments

  1. Wanting to leave and not wanting to leave, I know that feeling well. Right now, I want to leave.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being sentimental is not weakness!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank you Priceline!!!