Is there gravity in a swimming pool? Tawk amongst yourselves!

Today Mommy Monica wrote me a map to get to Pool Camp. Adult Day Care is fun! lol Yesterday we visited the pool to see the times and schedule to see if I can fit it into my schedule. They said I can try it out one time before paying for it. So today was that day. So I walked my 1/2 mile to the pool, did my physical therapy, looking like the American idiot. Walking forward, then backward for 20 minutes, then some leg to the side lifts, then bicycling in water, squatting, and walking for another 20 minutes. All this in water up to my waist. The whole pool is the same depth of water.

It is incredible how much better my back feels after only one time going. I think I have to have a pool nearby all year round. These pictures are of the application to the pool that Monica had to fill out for me, the pool schedule that Monica had to help me read, and my new I AM LOST CARD because I LOST my first card. Damn it! Also there is a map from home to Camp where today was pool day! if it wasn't so funny about us talking like Monica is the mom and helping me go to school, camp and whatever my day brings, I could get insulted. NOT! Anyway, so far, I feel much better.



I am making the kids dinner tonite and I plan on having it ready when they come home from work. Isn't it funny the role reversal we sometimes have.

I would like to thank everyone in my life for the support and friendship that you give me!!! I wouldn't be who I am without you guys! And thanks Mommy Monica for making sure I get to where I need to be, when I need to be there.

Oh yeah, I have made a friend. Actually, I am stealing her from Eric who made this friend when he first moved here. The Bakery Lady: A woman who makes Monica at 4'11 look gigantic. I stopped by with Eric a few times and then by myself and now she is my friend. She doesnt speak English, I dont speak Japanese. She always asks which way I am going, to Parco (where Eric works) and when I am alone, I say no Home. Every time so far, she gives me a gift from the bakery. YUM!

One interesting thing about the culture is that the past two days have been very nice and warm out. I love being in the sun. The Japanese cover up everything because they believe if you get too much sun, your skin will wrinkle. When I was walking with Monica this morning, there was this woman on bicycle (not many people in the city have cars), as she passed us, I said look, she has a bug shield on. Monica was so polite that she waited a few minutes and then said no its actually to keep the sun off her face. Women walk the streets with long sleeves and a parasol so they dont get sun. Made me feel bad, because I am a sun goddess.










Comments

  1. I love reading your posts! You seem to be enjoying yourself while learning a new culture. There is nothing greater than to travel the world and see how other people live, work, play and go through life...I am jealous at the moment but very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just want to go to camp with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sooo glad the pool is helping your back pain!!! I can't wait to have you retell these experiences in person, they'll be even more exciting because I'll be able to see your expressions as you tell them!! I miss you so much, but am so very happy you were able to go and have this time with Eric and Monica! I love the blogs!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank you Priceline!!!