Japanese Tea Ceremony /The Bread Lady Set Me Up/ Networking in Japan




The Bread Lady set me up! I thought she was going to be at the Tea Ceremony and she wasn't even there. The best that Monica could figure out was that she wanted me to see some traditional Japanese culture and helped me to do that. Originally, I was going to go by myself but Monica decided to come with me and frankly, I am glad that she did. It's like I have my very own personal interpreter. And, she is shorter than me.

We met a "stranger" lady at the Bread Shop. We could tell it was her because she comes running down the street in her kimono. That was our first hint. She brought a car and drove us to the community center. She was glad Monica was there too, because she was struggling in English. The car ride brought us much information such as: Urawa is known for its good educational system, they have the best high school in the area. We also learned that she drives agressively: I thought she was going to hit an old man, and it would have been just like the cartoons where he flies up and over onto the car as we keep going. We also learned that one of the most narrowest streets used to have a bus line on it. Now it does not. While we were driving to the Community Center, she invited me to come to English Conversation class on Thursday morning. She will pick me up at the Bread Shop and Monica doesn't have to come.

I loved the Tea Ceremony and sorry BABES, I got me some new Japanese friends. Don't worry, I am not trading you guys in. Here are a few pics of me and my new girls. Make sure you look to see how much taller I am!!!

My New Friends or Picked up by a stranger









Comments

  1. I'm loving reading about your adventures, but you are enjoying this tall thing way too much! I'd have to visit Lilliput to experience that. You should really drive over to Raleigh to see me because you'll have a great time being taller than me, guaranteed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank you Priceline!!!