Pool Noises from older men/ Talking to little boys:Day 17

I went to the pool a little later in the day so that it wouldn't be so crowded. Not that it really is crowded, I just didn't want to go when a lot of people are there. I have to admit, I am embarrassed about my bathing cap issue. I don't want to be seen in it, even if I cant understand the language, I feel uncomfortable. I do it, because walking in the pool helps my back and leg. I also feel nice and relaxed afterwards.

So today in the pool was a man two lanes over: he would do a few laps, then stop and grunt really loud. I dont think grunt is a good description because I had to look over at him a few times to make sure he was ok. He didnt die, so I assumed he was ok and just a grunter. Later, I saw him in the outside shower, fixing his swim trunks and pulling stuff out of it. I know about belly button fuzz and how you have to pick that out, but he was going in further then his belly button. I stared, like a good woman, for a few moments and then turned away. I figured something was wrong down there hence the grunting in the water. I didnt ask and even if I did, he wouldn't be able to understand me. It's probably a good thing. We all know how I can get!

So I decided to try yet another way home from the pool. The time was about 2:45pm and I noticed a bunch of little children with backpacks. I assumed there was a school nearby so I walked towards it. I met a little boy about 5 or 6 who stared at me: I gave my lame Konnichiwa, and we both nodded at each other. A few feet away from me, I heard him turn around and yell HELLO. So I turned around and looked at himi and said hello. Then he yells Goodbye, I turned and looked and said bye bye. He laughed and I said see you later. I heard him giggling all the way down the street. Japanese children are just the cutest.

Back to patterns of behavior: My pattern for the past few years is to go like hell when I leave the house, but then I need to come home for a rest. I find myself doing the same thing here. I run errands, I need a rest. I go to the pool, I need a rest. I meet Eric or Monica, I need a rest. Shit, what is happening to me!!! If I look back on my life, I think I have been doing that for quite a while so it must be my pattern of behavior, not just getting older. I have no answer but after writing this entry: I need a rest!

Miniature Azalea bushes


The back of a garbage truck





Parking Garage

Comments

  1. Very interesting information on the way Japanese men remove belly button dust. I think the technique you described is universal throughout the world. I once started a course while enrolled in Harvard but found it very difficult to keep up with all the research needed to move forward,so I had to drop it. Yes children are wonderful from all countries! During our days of traveling different destinations to ski I found the children more interesting than anything else. Have fun...keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the pool uses a therapeutic level of chlorine with this man sharing your water- Lord only knows what he was pulling from his down south area.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank you Priceline!!!