Second Sunday

Today was a cold and cloudy day.  I thought it felt good.  I wore jeans, tshirt, sweater, socks and shoes and it is June 24.  Sounds funny doesn't it!  It rained on and off but after 10 this morning, mostly off.  I went to the Y today for a swim, had lunch and went to a movie with one of my quilt guilds daughter's who lives up here in Anchorage.  She must be in her early 40's, I was afraid to ask.  She looked good!

At the movie theater, I looked out over to the mountains and noticed how the clouds covered most of the mountains but a small piece in the distance.  You have to follow the middle telephone pole to the way back in the pics, to see the mountain piece that was showing.  I am not sure if the picture captured the beauty of it all.





I didn't do much else today but grade.  I took my host's dog for a walk (shhhhh, don't tell Chuck)  and took some pictures of the neighborhood.  One of the things I love is that the lilacs are just coming in bloom and are so fragrant.  Today, I saw pick lilacs.  They were beautiful.




Comments

  1. Happy Late Birthday!
    I can see the mountain...cool!
    Enjoy the temperature, it's 90 here, will 98 Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank you Priceline!!!