Get Some Bear Mace

Yep, if I am to venture into the parks by myself, I was told by my dear boss to get some Bear Mace.  It is a little different then people mace as it is more broad spectrum and will spray a larger area.  One of my Michael friend's told me to get a gun.  I am not sure but neither sounds easy yet I am not going to let them get the best of me!

Today, I got a gift from one (here that Susan, ONE of the best, not the BEST)  of the best assistants I have ever had in all my Montessori teachings.  She is  a great person and a great assistant.

Smoked Salmon.  One of my new favorite foods.  I don't know what I am going to do when I return to NC except keep the shipment up.  Fish has always been one of my favorite foods for most of my life.  I have always been a big fish eater but I really didn't think of it until one of Melanie's boyfriends said something about how well Mel eats and her comment was "well we ate fish about three times a week". That was probably when I realized I liked it so much.  Guess she is a big fish eater too.

I still haven't even thought about how I am going salmon fishing but I am slowly venturing out.  Work is tiring but it is mostly my age thing that is slowing me down.  Let me tell you this:  Age slowing me down SUCKS.  I am not going down without a fight!

Also, today was the first time I got gas here.  I don't know if I mentioned this earlier but my beautiful Rent a Wreck, has a broken gas gauge.  Good thing, I always drive old volvo's because one my last car and the volvo Melanie drove, both gas gauges broke almost at the same time.  I got that covered and know what to do in case I drive broke gas gauge cars ever again.  I have been watching the gas prices and when I got here most were at $4.13, then went to $4.07 but today was cheap gas Tuesday and I got it for $3.99.


Comments

  1. Well, Ellen, I never got you anything as sweet as salmon, for sure. I think it is weird that gas is more expensive up there- 3.22 here. Can you see Russia from your backyard?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank you Priceline!!!