8 more days.....update!

Let me say this again....8 more days and I am off!  I am trying to get things together to be away for a while and get things together to stay on the other end for a while...

Things up there are falling into place.  I have been emailing the woman about the apartment and it sounds wonderful and she and her husband seem so generous with all their offerings.  I will be 2 blocks from the Coastal Trail, a ten mile biking trail and she offered her bikes also.  Wow!  I seem to be able to ride a bike better then I can walk lately!  That might be what I do the first few evenings that I am there.  I have to get used to the time change as well as so many hours of light.  I think that wont take long!

I am also looking at an old car.  I decided to spend no more then $750 for a car and I am sticking to it.  I found this car.  There you go, me and my piece of shit cars that I drive.  I just have never been impressed by cars and neither has my pocketbook.  I plan on donating this car when I leave and I need it to tool around town:  to work, Y, grocery store and at least one trip to Humpy's.  Any where else I go, I just might have to rent a car for the day or weekend.  I am ok with this!

This week, I am on a hiring committee locally and will be busy with that, as I try to clean my house and pack.  Should be a fun filled week!  The closer it gets the more excited I get!

e

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank you Priceline!!!