Last Minute Round Up

I am a procrastinator!  I do better under pressure of time limits.  I wish I wasn't like this but I just have to accept it.  Let me clarify this:  I might do things last minute but for days and weeks, I toss around thoughts, ideas and make "head" lists.  A long time ago, my teenage son pointed out that I make lists that I can't possibly complete in the time limit I set for myself, and then I get mad at myself for not completing it.  He was so right.  I made less lists for myself after that then I went right back to list making, whether on paper or in my head.  I need that list.  What I did take away from my son's comment was:  it's ok not to finish the list in one day.  I am very thankful that I realized this because I have slowed down a lot in the aging process.

Two years ago, I stayed with my son and his girlfriend (who is now my daughter in law!!!!) for six weeks.  I laugh when I think of the end of my trip, where poor Monica had to pack up more things/clothes/gifts then my suitcase allowed.  Yet she was FABULOUS at stuffing it all in.  We laughed so hard while doing it and while she did 99.5% of my packing,  I was the frustrated one.  Read about it here.  Look at how calm she is!

Here is what I am dealing with, but this time, I have the memories of my daughter in law's ability that I am going to try to repeat.

I have to remember that I am also closing up the house for 2 months.  Getting rid of food, cleaning, canceling services, acquiring a home for Chuck, making sure the lawn is mowed and having someone come every day to make sure everything is alright.  Believe it or not, this all was the easy part, the hard part is packing and trying to figure out what I might need.  I am taking what I am taking, and whatever else I need, I will buy.

I am also trying to buy a POS car for $750/1000 while living here and having my boss go looking at them and trying them out.  So far, we haven't found anything and wont before I get there.  I do think it's good for me to go see them and hopefully, he will take me when I am there.  The good thing is I will be living 2 miles from my job and my landlord has a bicycle to lend.  I can live with that!  (at least for a while).  I can bike better then I can walk at the moment!

Back in early April (before this wonderful opportunity came about), I was about settling that my summer was not going to have a big trip or maybe not even any trip.  I made it up in my mind that I would explore the area close to where I live (2 hours close) and call it Field Trip Monday.  So with that settled in my mind, I planted a bigger garden then I have since I moved to this house.  My garden is doing well but I will miss the harvest for most of it.  I planted onions, garlic, beets, swiss chard, spinach, zucchini, chocolate mint, parsley, cilantro, a fig tree, blueberry bushes and blackberries.  Trust me when I say this, except for using a few of the herbs, I will MISS the harvest.  My beets will be first and they are looking fabulous.  So my friends should enjoy my harvest!!!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank you Priceline!!!