Boat Park and Chugach State Park

Today was such a busy day.  I got to Anchorage Montessori School at 7:30 am and got home at 6pm.  I decided it would be best for me and the children if I spent the morning getting to know the classroom and how it works and that it would be an easier transition for the children if they saw me and got to know me a bit.  I stayed in the room until 12, my boss, took me to Wasilla to see a car.  What an experience!  We took the children to the local park which is in walking distance.  Boat Park, can you tell why it's called that?




Wasilla is where Sarah Palin is from.  I associate it to Wilkes County.  So we get to this man's house on Bear Lake and he has the Subaru sitting in his yard.  We knock on the door and he invites us into his house, shows us around and takes us out to look at the lake where there are some swans nesting.  It was strange.  I said nothing and let Rick do the talking.  I can't thank him enough for all he has done to help me since I arrived.  He has gone above and beyond his call of duty.  Today, I said to him:  "you're gonna hate when I get my own car, because you miss chauffeuring me around."

Then we went back to school where I worked for a few hours setting up my classroom.  Starting Monday, I am the lead.  I am nervous but with more confidence then I had earlier this week.  I am staying with Andee and Tom.  They were generous to open up there house to me.  I got home after 6 and Andee  made salmon for dinner, salad, quinoa and fruit salad for dessert.  After dinner, they took me to Chaguch State Park for a short hike.  It was 9pm when we left the house.  All the following photos were taken at 10pm and the sun was still shining bright.

Enjoy the photos, I need to go to sleep.







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank you Priceline!!!