Seven Days

So here it is less then a week before I go to japan. I just finished the semester out (although I have to go to the office one more time) and I am getting my house ready for me to be gone for so long. I didnt realize who much went into going away for any length of time. My dog, my lawn, my mail, my house.....Wow! I am slowly getting it all done.

I am getting so excited because one of the things I am going to do is take a Quilt Class with Monica ( Eric's girlfriend) who just happens to work in a very large craft store. If I remember it correctly, there are five floors of fabric in that store. Yes FIVE! God, I wish I had endless amounts of money. This morning I was talking to Eric on google chat, making preparations as to where we will meet in Tokyo airport and as usual I got side traced back to quilting. Monica said the quilt classes will be 2418 yen (about $27) for one class. There is one class per week so its reasonable. I got so excited at the thought of Japanese quilting. I dont know if I will be able to understand what is being taught, but I will have my own personal translator who sews. I think that should do it. The name of the store is: http://www.yuzawaya.co.jp/ and I pulled the flyer down from Yuzawaya. Here is the flyer: http://www.yuzawaya.co.jp/information/whats_new/tirasi/2010/20100430-1.pdf I tried to get the picture up but you will have to click the hyperlink. This brochure looks like one from Michael's or JoAnn's only we cant read this.

It's funny how when you leave home for a while you need to find some things that fit into your regular routine or your pattern of behavior. I had to make sure Eric had a coffee pot because one of my morning behaviors is to have coffee right out of bed. We will be buying a coffee pot as soon as I get there. The other thing I needed to try to set up for myself was how am I going to do my Physical Therapy while in Japan. I had a bad leg with nerve damage and spondylolisthesis and I have to constantly watch myself (what I lift, how long I stand, etc) just to keep it in check. So I asked Eric and Monica about a pool so I can do my exercises in and BOOM there is one three blocks away.

Another thing about being there is that I will have to use public transportation or walk where ever I go. I think Eirc has a bicycle and I might see if I can get around that way. A lot of people in Tokyo use bicycles as a form of transportations.


Oh and the toilets:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank you Priceline!!!