I Made it! Today is Thursday May 27 Tokyo Time

I made it!!! May 26 6pm. Here I am in Saitama Japan with my son and his girlfriend. Eric picked me up at the airport after going thru Immigration and Customs. Gave him a big hug and then went off to the bathroom. I can NOT figure out the bathrooms or rather the toilets here so far. It has taken me a long time to find where to flush or how to flush the toilet. I need a class called Japanese toilets 101.

We took a 1-1 1/2 hour subway ride to Eric's town where Monica met us. She is so cute. She is shorter then me!!!! I never really felt short in the US but I feel like most people are my height here although occassionally there are men and women taller then me.

We went to eat ramen noodles at the local mall. I have been talking to Eric about the Brittney Murphy movie Ramen Girl that I recently saw and so they thought it appropriate to eat ramen on my first night. It was the best ramen I have ever eaten. It was also their first time eating there.

So here it is 2am Thursday Tokyo time and I just woke up. It is Wednesday 1:30pm at home. I will try to get more sleep. I really need a shower after all the travel.

Today, I am going to hang low and stay at home this morning until Monica goes to work. I will walk with her to her job and look around at the fabric then find McDonalds (because they are wireless) and work on my summer classes until she picks me up at Adult Day Care so I can find my way home. Eric gave me a subway map but we walked home in the dark and I have a terrible sense of direction. I wont venture out too long today. We are cooking at home today, so I get to shop for dinner at the open market. I love doing that! So we'll see what we have for dinner.

Now, for a nap!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank you Priceline!!!