My Morning Adventure 5/28/10 9am.

I went for a walk alone this morning and when I left I told Eric I would be back in 20 minutes. I walked straight up from his house, turned left, got to the fires station, came back. Made a little oopsie, and couldn't remember where to turn right to get back home. So I walked and walked and nothing seemed familiar yet everything looked familiar. I finally took out my "I AM LOST" card that the kids made me, and asked a woman who showed me how to read the street signs. She took me one block and left me on my own. She spoke no English. I walked a little further and met a man who was taking out the trash and then going on to work. I showed him the I AM LOST card and he walked with me a few blocks (he spoke a little English). Left me on the street corner, and said wait here. He ran down the street but by that time, I did recognize where I was, which was one block away. I started walking towards the apartment and he came back and said I found it. I think he was glad to get rid of me.

Yes, I had an adventure!











Comments

  1. It apears to be very pretty there! I told you to tie a string to Erics house and the other end around yourself and unravel it as you travel so you can get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost my Mom once in Geneve. When I found her she was standing on a street corner with tears streaming down her face. I said, "Ma, what are you doing?" She replied, "I knew if I stood here long enough I'd see somebody I knew." I'm glad that you're taking a more active approach!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank you Priceline!!!