Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Thursday May 27 4:35pm. As you will notice, I am in a totally different time zone. You guys are like back to the future for me. I am doing things when you haven't even gotten to the time and day yet.

Today's venture:

As you know I am pretty jet lagged. I am feeling it real bad right now. My back is killing me from who knows what, but I feel my back and my leg pain that I did NOT want in Japan. So I took a few IB profun and will go to sleep at 9pm and tomorrow, it will be better. (I hope).

I waited and walked to work with Monica, she works at that craft store with bunches and bunches and bunches of fabric. I spent about an hour wandering around the store and bought nothing. I was window shopping! Because I have such a terrible sense of direction, Suzanne (The French Suzanne) told me to take pictures of how I got there. So poor Monica, we had to stop every few feet so that I could take a picture of where I was and where i was going. We went to her store and on the way, she pointed out the McDonald's with free WiFi (because I am frugal, not cheap) After wandering around, I tried to find the McDonald's which I did without any trouble. Ok, Suzanne, how do I get home? Here's the pics!



























At McD's: I get in line to order food. The woman spoke no English and I no Japanese. I almost ordered 5 hamburgers instead of 1. We finally got it and I walked upstairs with only one hamburger and water. I am trying to get my course set up before it starts, so I worked about 1 1/2 hours there. Big city McDonald's may be a few stories high. I went up to the third floor because the second floor is smoking.

After my free Wifi time, I walked to the mall where Eric works. He was supposed to be at work at 4pm and I got there about 3:15. There is a Culture Center on the 9th floor of the mall, so I went up there. They offer free Japanese lessons and I signed up for them. Told them I might not be back this Friday, but could you please help me find my way home! Yes, once at the mall, I couldnt remember how to get home and the PHOTOS Suzanne told me to take, didn't help me. But they did help the woman at the Cultural Center know where I should be. She asked me a bunch of questions, like where was I from, why am I in Japan and all the regular questions a person in her position should ask.

Eric works on the 3rd floor of that mall and one woman walked me down there and sat me in a chair to rest. She knew how jet lagged i am, I am like a zombie! I went wondering around his store and he came up to me. Oh yeah, while I was talking to the woman from the Cultural Center, I realized I had directions to Eric's house from the mall. Can you say, DUH! I made Eric write his address in both English and Japanese. He also wrote (for all his visitors) directions from the subway stations right across the street from the mall to his house in both Japanese and English. So, I really had the directions before went to the Cultural Center.

I followed my direction sheet home which is where I am now. Monica is going to stop at the market and we will have a big salad for dinner. Eric wont get home until late. Tomorrow I go the the University with him. Go away back pain!

Comments

  1. Great pictures! I like the toilet with the built in sink on top....this would be very useful for men that think they multitask well although most would not clean up the mess they made below. Sorry to hear your back is bothering you, i hope you are doing some stretching exercises as much as possible. It is nice to see you so happy! LOL
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your back pain goes away. Maybe when you get to going to the pool there you will be able to work it out some. Also don't forget your yoga...I'm sure that will help. The pictures are absolutely wonderful. I hate I haven't had the time to check your blog until now. I will try to keep a closer watch on it from now on!!! I love and miss you woman!!!! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank you Priceline!!!