Third Sunday 7/1/12

Sorry, I am behind in posting.

Sunday, I went down to Whittier AK to take a 5 hour boat ride to view the glaciers.  I took the shuttle down because I hear the Seward Highway (which I had to take there) was the most dangerous highway in the USA.  The most deaths occur on that highway.  Kinda really makes you wanna go there, right?



On the shuttle was a couple from Texas and another young couple from Austrailia.  They had just arrived the night before.  We arrived a few hours later in Whittier where the boat was going out.  On the boat:  the guide was an older man from Asheville who lives in Alaska from May until September, on AK Ranger property for $7 a night.  Both he and his wife do this on the local glacier viewing boats and love it!!  They are in their late 70's.  I was so impressed!

I will post the pictures of the glaciers but not say much because I posted most of them on my facebook page.













































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank God tomorrow is Friday!