Thank God tomorrow is Friday!

This has been the longest and toughest week for me up here.  First of all, I am working with this 29 pregnant girl who has been the princess all her life.  She has two assistants who do everything in their classroom while the teacher takes long breaks, does some paperwork, little planning and searches baby websites.  I am supposed to be her assistant this week and next week I become the lead for the last 3 weeks of summer school.  It has challenged both my patience, my professionalism, and my New York mouth!  I have held tight but there was one day that I thought we might have a cat fight.  Actually, I was going to ask her about her training and who in her training said she could delegate all the work out.  This week is also challenging because I have longer hours and my hip has been hurting badly.  But I know my hip feels the stresses in my life before any other part of my body.

Today, my lead teacher was supposed to have the class in the multipurpose room but she got mad at them and had Chase and I take the class outside in the rain.  Yes, here in Alaska they go outside everyday.  That means getting the children in their rain pants, rain jackets, boots and whatever else they have.  The children go outside in all sorts of weather and they are fine with it.  This one girl in my class was all dressed up today and she looked so cute that I had to take a picture.


What you can't see in this picture is that the back of her raincoat has ruffles.  She was so cute in this it made me giggle just looking at her.

After work, I met Eleanor and we walked on the Ted Knowles trail to go birding.  Yes, we did this in the rain.  She is lending me a camera to take better pictures so we walked about a mile taking pictures.  Most of what I took is on the big camera and I have no way of getting them off.  She will get them for me later.  Here are a few things we saw on our walk.

                                                  Condo right at the park entrance


                                                      Pigeon on a pole


                                                             
                                     Mommy and baby ducks



                                                          Eagle

And finally, at our meeting place I saw this.


Is someone trying to tell me something?

Comments

  1. I am glad it is Friday for you. Next week will be better as you can be in charge! No princesses! Just you are the princess, and you are not a lazy-ass one! BTW, that is not a pigeon on the pole- Consult your bird guide and/or your bird friend!

    Love the license plate! You know he is missing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seagull on the pole.
    Enjoyed the pictures......keep em coming!

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weather looks aweful! But your pics are nice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz