Third Saturday

This post is two days late.

Today I went to the Quilt store for a class in Sashiko.  I don't remember if someone from my Guild told me about it first or if Monica did.  I do remember some conversations with Monica about it and later she and Eric bought me two Sashiko books.  I did nothing with them.  But I realized that when Monica and I did a make a box exchange, the box she made me was handstitched and she used Sashiko stitches whether she knew it or not.

I didn't realize just how easy Sashiko is to do.  I always loved hand work and this is right up my alley.

Here are a few pics:


                                The supplies

                                The pattern


                                              The pattern traced on blue fabric
                                     

                                                 
                                                The moon reverse appliqued on      





 I also went to the fish store that I was told would be able to send fish to friends and family.  I got there and was overwhelmed with the delicious fish they had but I was even more overwhelmed to find out that it would cost me $60 to send 2 lbs of fish to Melanie in New York City and $90 to send 2 lbs of fish to Japan.  He talked me into getting fresh canned salmon and a few other things and they are now on their way to my kids.  I packed them and mailed them today.  My friends are just gonna have to wait until I get home to get some.  Sorry!  I will be bringing home a lot of fish as I can pack it in dry ice and take it on the airplane.  So except a bit when I return!  I know if I lived up here, I would learn not only to catch my fish but to smoke it also.  I will be reading about how to do it!

And the fish store:







Comments

  1. Can't wait to see the hand-work when you get home!! Looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank God tomorrow is Friday!