18 Days and Counting....

=-----There is so much for me to do to get ready to move for the summer.  I have been out of school for two weeks now and have made many lists of things to do in my mind.  My first week off, I had two ear infections and didn't get much done.  This week, I have been moving slowly.  Why, I am not sure!  I am still real tired but mostly I procratinate and move slowly until it's closer to the time.  I am also preparing my two online courses that I will be teaching this summer.

List #1  Things to do around my house
--Dust/Clean right before I go
--Make sure Chuck is set up:  make sure dog food store will let dog sitter come get food, etc
--What to do with food I have in house
--Get keys made
--Make a list for house sitters, introduce them to each other
--Do I leave bed made or unmade
--Hide personal stuff
--Set up mowing every two weeks
--Cancel cable
--Cancel H20 delivery
--Finish two donation quilts
--Finish Round Robin quilt
--What to do with dirty laundry/sheets?
--Clean pantry
--Air conditioning
--Water plants


List #2  What to take/questions
--mini cuisinart
--clothes
--swim stuff:  suits, bag, fins, goggles
--sweaters/sweat shirt/windbreaker (how many)
--clothes for work: jeans/tshirts/
--nicer clothes:  (one never knows)
--fishing clothes ( I really want a pair of hip boots, not the sexy kind, the rubber kind)
--COFFEE  what am I going to do about morning coffee?
--things for the class I am going to teach depending what the theme of the session is
--stuffed animal



List #3:  Things I need for comfort:  where to buy them or where to go
--how to get to work
--sheets
--blankets
--pillow
--cooking stuff:  pot, pan, dishes, etc
--chair
--bed
--organic foods:  CSA
--farmers market
--Y


List #4  Things to do for fun
--Alaska Native Heritage Center 
--Ulu factory
--Musk Ox
--Salmon Fishing
--Talkeetna
--Denali
--take a bush plane ride
--Unalakleet to meet the Twetos  ( I am such a fan girl!)

and who knows what else!

I found this on a website for a minimalist wardrobe:

  • 5 pair shorts
  • 10 shirts
  • 5 nicer outfits (dresses, skirts)
  • 2 zip up sweatshirts (left over from spring)
  • 3 pair pants (left over from spring)
I wonder if I can live with this for nine weeks?  What do you think?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank you Priceline!!!