12 Days and still counting....

Here I am 12 days out before moving to Anchorage for two months.  I guess it's not really moving but it's close enough.  The past two days, I have had minor to major anxiety and I am not exactly sure why.  I am nervous about going and always am scared of other people's expectations of me but I also am closing up my house, arranging for people to come over while I am gone, to do something with Chuck where I feel good about (he is staying with my former student who has children and other dogs, so I hope he will be fine)

I am not sure what I want or expect out of this either.  I know I have missed working with children and this is best opportunity I have had to do that and travel at the same time.  I also want to renew my energy, find my place in society because aging hasn't been fun and to renew my spirit.  Young children always help me renew my spirit.  I have always said that I am so much better with young children then adults.  I pause here to wonder if my own children would agree with that.  I am also not sure I really want the answer to that question.

This past two weeks, I have been enrolled in a 30 day vegan program via the Internet.  It was stated that this is a cleansing 30 day period, of both body and soul.  I have definitely been feeling weird and almost depressed for part of the time and now here I am with a bit of anxiety.  Is it all part of "the cleanse"?

I have had this disturbing realization a few times in the past year and this week it has definitely been present.  I noticed that it is rare that either of my children ever ask me how I am.  It goes unnoticed most of the time but when it comes back, I definitely feel it.  I will just let it pass....

So Anchorage....here I come!  Skype is definitely going to get a work out!!!  First thing I do when I get there, is get a good night's sleep.  The next day, I go over to the school to meet everyone, get all the paperwork ready for me to teach by the following Monday.

I was going to go to Talkeetna on my birthday weekend but there is a Summer Solstice celebration in City Center.  Summer Solstice in Alaska is 22 hours of daylight.  Thank goodness I have an eye mask collection.


I'm tired and going to bed now!  Night all!

Comments

  1. I really expect that you are going to have an excellent adventure and I admire you for knowing what you need and going after it. I'm always anxious before a change. I assume it's nature's way of helping you get the details right. I look forward to reading all about it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank you Priceline!!!