The First Day of Spring

Today is the first day of spring 2010. In 66 days, I will be traveling to Saitama Japan and spending 6 weeks there. I will be visiting my son, Eric and his girlfriend Monica who have been living in Japan for almost 4 years now. Eric and Monica met while teaching English in Japan in the JET program. They were both in Miyazaki prefecture which is in the southern most Japan. Eric wanted to stay so he applied to Graduate School at Keio University in Tokyo and right now is doing the Language Immersion portion of that program.

I spoke to them this morning which is their evening about my trip. I am getting so excited. Monica works in a craft store and Eric is working at Muji while he is on break from school and will work there part time when classes start again April 4. For those of you who know me, I quilt and love fabric. Monica is signing us up for a one month quilting class at the store she works in. GO MONICA!!! I cant wait!!!

I also plan on taking free Japanese lessons at the Global Education office in Saitama, going to Sumo wrestling in Tokyo, visiting a friend who owns a child care center in Yokohama, re meeting a Japanese family that we were friends with in Charlotte and whatever else happens.

With all this said here are some of my concerns: I am terrible at other languages, I will be 57 in June (Sumo wrestling is where I want to go for my birthday!!!), I have nerve damage on my left leg, and my son still doesn't pick up his underwear from the floor (it is really not my worry anymore but I thought I would mention it!).

I think this is a good beginning, so I will end here today!

Comments

  1. Cool!! Can't wait to follow you in Japan.
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog, Ellen! I'm looking forward to following you. Have a wonderful trip. Mame

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you now....enjoy the ride

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Ventured, nothing gained

Hachiko / Shibuya / Sushi /and pronouncing Japanese words quiz

Thank you Priceline!!!